Hoppits Hill Fell Race

All about the fell league
Broken Compass
Imaginifer

Hoppits Hill Fell Race

Postby Broken Compass » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

A nice short 3.5 mile fell race around the local area of Hopton raising funds for charity, starting from Hopton Mills Cricket Club organised by Nicky Spinks one of the great female Fell Runners. (Dicky might tell me she is 'The Great' female fell runner).
This would make a nice race for anyone wanting to 'cut their teeth' on the fells. It has 'Hills' (essential for fell running) a bit of mud (also essential for fell running) the course is marked throughout (so no need for navigation skills) and no kit requirements (so no expensive kit to buy before you try).

3 of us made our way up north to try this one out.

Paul Stevenson 33.41 Pos 68
Colin Bostock 36.07 Pos 78
Liz Lakin 36.30 Pos 80

Liz was in front of me but had a major fell shoe malfunction and had to make emergency repairs by tying the sole back on with her hair band so she could finish. Well done Liz I think if you had not had problems I would not have caught you.

Full results can be found at
http://www.hoppits.co.uk/

Colin

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Re: Hoppits Hill Fell Race

Postby wilko » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Well done all. If I could manage more than one run a week and get the marsh gas from the national XC out me lungs I'd get on the hills. Nicky certainly up there as the long, long distance mountain legend but Jasmin Paris has set breath-taking records.

Colin must be heading the diesel miles per fell mile in the Carbon footprint league - there's another Pacific island gone!

charli
Imaginifer

Postby charli » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Liz was that a pair of walshes? A friend of mine had to do the same plus electrical tape to try and complete the OMM

elizl
Milites Gregarius

Postby elizl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi all,
Agree with Colin, Hoppit's Hill was really beginner friendly, fully marked, no kit needed, food and drink afterwards and only £4.
As for the shoes-yes they were Walshs, less than a year old so they are sending me a free pair.
A shame as I really liked them.

Bluebell this sunday, 9.45 West Park for car share, see fb page.

Return to “Fell League”