English XC relays Berry Hill Park November 3rd

Like it hilly? Discuss your affliction in here.
wilko
Princeps Posterior

English XC relays Berry Hill Park November 3rd

Postby wilko » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:11 am

Hello All.

Nobody seems to be organising a team for the English XC 4 X 5k relays at Berry Hill on November 3rd - apologies if it's being done on Facebook but info should be on the club website forum.

I'll organise a LERC men's team entry but time is running out with an Oct 12th entry deadline. If 3 other men want to race with me or 7 more to make 2 teams please post on here. Remember, it's club policy that as it's a national championship the club pays the entry fees.

Please could someone post this on Facebook please.

Thanks in advance, Rich Wilkinson

tritimtri
Imaginifer

Re: English XC relays Berry Hill Park November 3rd

Postby tritimtri » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am

I'll post it on Facebook, Dicky.

tritimtri
Imaginifer

Postby tritimtri » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:59 am

I'm available for selection.

Richman
Tirones

Postby Richman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm up for it Dicky, Ryan Haw is up for it as well

Richman
Tirones

Postby Richman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

It's Rich Howe if you didn't know who sent the message!

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Postby wilko » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 am

I'll be entering a single team at the English XC Relay Champs at Berry Hill November 3rd for the men of:

Tim Baggs;

Rich Howe;

Ryan Haw;

and myself.

If anyone else wants to run you'll have to find yourself 3 others to make a team and the deadline is Oct 12th.

Thanks to Tim, Rich and Ryan for stepping up so we have a LERC team presence at these national championships.

Thanks, Rich Wilkinson

Richman
Tirones

Postby Richman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi Rich, we have a problem that Ryan can't make the English XC Relay champs at Berry Hill now as he has to work. Will they accept an alternative name or will we have to run with a man short?

Rich Howe

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Postby wilko » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks, Rich.

We can field an incomplete team which would be a shame or, substitute a runner. Because there was little response to race this and that we had to declare a team, I randomly entered a further 'random' 8 names and it is only from these that a substitution can be made. I've now sent a text to 6 of them and the place, which is free, is theirs if they want it. The remaining 2 that I have no contact for are Anthony Hatswell and Paul (David) Lewis - if anyone can contact them on my behalf and point them to this post, I would be grateful.

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Postby wilko » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks to Paul Lewis for stepping in to complete the relay team.

Rob Fox informs me that I should receive an email from the race organisers about race day

declarations but for now info is here:

http://www.englishcrosscountry.co.uk/the-saucony-english-cross-country-relays/info/

Our race is 2.40pm but I suggest if we can be there for 1pm so we can decide leg runners, declare and watch a race and decent warm up. I'll just bring a small pop-up tent for kit storage - if it's blowing a hoolie we can shelter in the pavilion where there's usually hot drinks and food.

Please can this be posted on Facebook and / or let Paul Lewis know.

tritimtri
Imaginifer

Postby tritimtri » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:49 pm

I'll post it on Facebook, Rich.

paul.lewis
Tirones

Postby paul.lewis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:33 pm

I take it there are no other takers to fill the final spot? I've realised I've got myself somewhat double-booked, as the 'Fell Taster' session is happening that morning, which I also said I'd help with (sorry; all my mistake). If no-one else comes forward for the relays, then they will be priority for me, as I think there are enough experienced fell runners to cover my absence, but I'm currently checking that with Marc Kinch. Can you let me know, Dicky, who are the other six you put on the 'maybe' s list and I'll double-check whether they could cover me? If they've already given a definite 'no' then don't worry about it. Given the timings of the two, I might even be able to do a bit of the fell taster, then meet you in Mansfield. As I was hoping to keep my legs fresh for Shepshed on Sunday, my lack of time management & inability to say no to anything is really beginning to bite me in the arse!
Paul Lewis.

No - not THAT Paul Lewis... The NEW one. You know; the slow one. No - not nearly as fast as the OLD one

paul.lewis
Tirones

Postby paul.lewis » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Update: as the fell taster is an early start (9AM @ the Fox House) and I gather the senior XC race doesn't start til 14:40, I think I'll be good for both.
Paul Lewis.

No - not THAT Paul Lewis... The NEW one. You know; the slow one. No - not nearly as fast as the OLD one

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Postby wilko » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:54 am

Hi Paul. I sent a text to 6 on the list and Rob contacted the other 2. Only two people kindly replied and that was Tim Doyle who has a nasty injury and can't run - and yourself! As for the other 6, it's a tumbleweed moment and par for the course.

Glad you can still make it. Just take it steady as it's just so we get a team finish.

It's a shame that we can't get teams out with a membership of about 230. At last weekend's relays we had 3 teams whereas Rushcliffe with only a 100 in the club had 7 teams out and most had done a park run in the morning first.

Return to “Fell and Off Road”