BMAF XC relays 27/10/18

Like it hilly? Discuss your affliction in here.
wilko
Princeps Posterior

BMAF XC relays 27/10/18

Postby wilko » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 pm

On behalf of Rob and myself a big thank you for all those folk that helped in any capacity to stage the British Masters XC relays on Saturday. And also for the runners in the three LERC teams. My personal thanks to Oliver Cook, Mike Thompson and Andy Dickenson for helping me in setting up the course on what was a cold, dark and frosty morning.

Judging by the generous thanks and gratitude expressed by many of the runners, the event was clearly well appreciated once again. With a record turnout of teams and quite a few course records, the event hosted by LERC is now clearly a target on the national race calendar and seen as a highly respected and prestigious event. A large write-up in this week's Athletics Weekly should be a good read.

The success of these BMAF XC relays at West Park are largely through the massive efforts made by Rob Fox in organising this event - chapeau, Rob! That BMAF continue to look to LERC to act as host for the event speaks volumes about how the wider running community regard these championships at West Park and how high a standard has been set in delivering a national championships.

Congratulations all on a great job well done again.

Rich Wilkinson

foxontherun
Pilus Posterior

Re: BMAF XC relays 27/10/18

Postby foxontherun » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:53 pm

I echo those words, and add my own thanks to all those who helped on the day, especially Rich and his team as the course is so important to a successful race. It is a pleasure to produce an event where so many clearly enjoy the occasion, and where the club's name grows in stature.

It is a bonus to have rising entry levels, and increasing standards. It was particularly pleasing to see so many Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire clubs there, with many other Midlands clubs.

We will be doing the same next year, on 26 Oct, so the same level of support from club members please.

Rob Fox.
Closet Trackster!

Return to “Fell and Off Road”